Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just Like My Daddy!




Over the last few months, Brenton has started to want to be just like his Daddy. From what Michael is doing to what he is wearing, Brenton notices and wants to have it, do it, or wear it too. When we were remodeling the house, Brenton would follow Michael around and insist on "doing" what Michael was doing. We had to get creative sometimes to let Brenton think that he was really doing the same thing. A few weeks ago, Michael made pancakes for breakfast (his specialty) and Brenton had to help. Now he has to have a spatula whenever Daddy is cooking. Lately, he has discovered Michael's watches and will get them out and wear them around the house. He even noticed Michael having a pen behind his ear when we were working on Thatcher's room and he had to have one as well (even if his ear was too small). When I see how much Brenton loves his Daddy, especially when Michael is reading to him each night, it brings tears to my eyes at how blessed I am. Blessed with a precious son, who always picks out the I Love My Daddy book, and especially blessed with a great husband. I can't say enough about how great Michael is as a father and how wonderful he has been to me since Brenton was born. Even though I am beginning to feel anxious about Thatcher's arrival (and having an 18 month old and a newborn), I am fully confident that Michael will be right by my side every step of the way. I love you boys very much!

1 comment:

LukeAndLilysMom said...

These pictures are adorable. This just goes to show how closely little ones are watching us. Brenton is so lucky to have such wonderful parents to look up to. It is easy to see how happy you are to have each other :)